I came across this recipe while searching for ways to use up the dill and parsley I'd bought for the feta salsa. I halved the recipe and made it for lunch today with some heirloom tomatoes I got at the farmer's market yesterday. Just writing about it is making my mouth fill with drool. You should make this.
Greek-Style Penne with Fresh Tomatoes, Feta, and Dill
Bon Appétit | August 2002
- 2 pounds tomatoes, halved, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped green onions (white and pale green parts only)
- 7 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces penne pasta
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain. Add hot pasta to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve.