6.23.2009

duh


I think one of the reasons it took me so long to get into cooking is because I'm a ditz. Well, maybe spacey is a better word for it. I have a habit of starting to boil water for tea, then walking away and forgetting about it until almost all of the water has evaporated. In general I forget about one ingredient for every three recipes I make. At first it was really frustrating, but really I've been dealing with this my whole life and so now it takes a lot for me to have a real 'duh mary-claire. duh.' moment. The above image is one of them.

I somehow managed to pick out, purchase, open, measure, and food process (?!?! really mary-claire??) a bunch of olives with pits in them. And this is a recipe I make a lot. I just didn't even think about it until I bit into the first pit in my pasta.

So that's the reason my food processor almost fell off the counter. Well huh.

No comments: