6.07.2011

no meal slaw, 2011

Maybe I'm getting sick, maybe it's the weather, maybe it's other, non-internet-spilling things, but I cannot seem to make myself do anything lately. Like grocery shopping, for example. Usually I love this part of my day- I shut down my computer, make a grocery list, and then take a leisurely half-mile walk to the produce market. It serves as a dividing line between my work day and my free time, and has become a key tool in surviving working from home.

But not this week. This week I just want to lay on my bed and read a book while my cats cuddle up to my legs. Or go out with friends and replace my dinner with vodka tonics and second-hand smoke. So, long story short, I give you...

no-meal slaw, the 2011 edition. 
 It's not that good, but it's not that bad. Kind of like my mood lately.

1/4 of a purple cabbage, cored and sliced thin
1/4 of a green cabbage, cored and sliced thin
1 15oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
3-4 radishes, cut into matchsticks 
juice of one lime
1 T olive oil
salt
pepper
sriracha

Mix cabbage, beans, and radishes together in large bowl. Add lime juice and olive oil. Toss to coat, then season to taste. Eat for the next day and half while cursing your laziness. 

No comments: